9/20/2012

Hetch Hetchy Yosemite Big City Mountaineers




"The Sierras are my altar, the water coming off the falls is a cleansing."    El Lobo H. Grande


I just returned from a fabulous 7 day backpacking trip in the Hetch Hetchy area of Yosemite and thought that I would share some photos. All the trips that I have lead for Big City Mountaineer trips have been rewarding, however,  this was a particularly special one. The boys were the most thoughtful and caring kids that I have ever met. They gave me joy and hope for mankind.

We had a nice sighting of a mama bear and cubs, but moved away swiftly.  Our last night was a bit challenging because it rained hard all night and we had to quickly break camp.
............But in the words of Christian:  "Challenge Accepted"  (What a great kid!)

The awards ceremony was catered by Stan and Pam of Stan's Q,  they are the warmest, sweetest people from Oakland and they just love the kids. Their barbecue is  absolutely the BEST!

At the awards ceremony the boys gave me a card that read as follows: (too funny)

"Thank you!  This award goes to a man that had the highest chance of surviving WWII and to marry Paris Hilton.  Award goes to El Lobo Bruce
Description:  Our fearless leader that never shares his Advil. He can get along pretty well and has the strongest heart around"
Nickname: Butterfly Wolf 


There certainly were no boys or men behaving badly on this one. I'm sorry for the brief report but  I have to reload, leaving Monday for 18 days  with 2 other BCM groups in Colorado.




No comments: